Sunday, August 8, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things....

This is just random, but I was reading a friend's blog and she had listed some of her favorite things. I thought that was a really good ideas.  (Thanks Melyssa)  So here is my list:

The sound of my babies laughing together.

My new Bible that I bought myself for my b'day!

Hanging clothes on the line

Holding hands with my hunny

The sound of rain.

The smell of fresh bread baking.

Taking a nice long hot bath!  Haven't done that in awhile because we don't have a tub, just a shower.

Laying out on a blanket with the boys.

The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking.

Curling up with a good book on a rainy day.

Watching my boys sleep.

Snuggling with my hunny

Hearing my sweet babies say, "I love you and I like you!"

Hanging out in the shop with the family during the winter.

Sitting by the fire.

Anything chocolate!

Coffee.....and lots of it!

Magazines.  Mostly Country Sampler and anything to do with crafts, cooking, and homemaking.

My new computer:)  She's a beauty.

Christmas.....it's my ALL time favorite of holidays!!!!  I love decorating, cooking, wrapping presents, giving, and just being with family.  And I love our little traditions!

Thanksgiving.  LOVE THE FOOD!

Did I mention Christmas?!

Walking barefoot in the cool grass.

Listening to the crickets at night during the summer.

Camping on our island.  It's not really "our" island, but we claim it as our own:)

I love saying, "That's precious" or "Whatever" ~ I say those alot!!!

Growing and working the garden.

Layin' on the trampoline with Chris and the kids.

Listening to my husband laugh at something really funny!

My daddy talk about the good ole' days, back when rock music was rock music!

My mamaw talk about when she was growing up at the dairy farm.

Hugs from my mama.  Those never get old:)

And not to sound too cliche, just being with my family.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Maranda! Just signed up to follow you on your lovely blog. Isn't it a fun way to reflect and share? :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I love you and I like you - what a great compliment, huh? :)


    Also, I love the If You Are Here You Are Awesome.

    Melyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both=)

    Tina, this has been the coolest thing! It's kinda like scrapbooking, without the book=)

    Melyssa, The "I love you and I like you" is something my youngest started and now we all say it. And I thought that lil' sign was too cute! I just couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete