Wednesday, June 22, 2011

DIY Wall Art....or something like it!

I needed something super cute to hang in my “new” bathroom on the wall where my little shutter mirror is.  I knew I wanted to do plates (thanks Layla for the idea=), but I could never find just what I was looking for.  I had searched high and low in my favorite thrift stores and managed to find NADA! 

So I decided I’d just make my own!  Hm, but the question was….”How?”.
Well, I found this at my thrift store for $1.00.



(They were buy one get one free, so I got 4). 

Then I just painted the backs with plain ole’ latex paint.

I let them dry, then sprayed them down with clear coat….



Whaa la! 

Whatcha think?  Pretty snazzy right!  And it was easy peasy lemon squeezy!!  


Well that's all I got tonight!  
Blessings~

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! BTW, it is nada (nothing in spanish). :) Mind if I steal your idea for my own decorating projects? I have nada for creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOVE* the colors!!! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alexis! I would be honored for you to use whatever you like =)

    Layla~ Thank you friend, for the inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete