Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Update on the piglets...

Well, I must admit....I'm smitten!  These piglets are the cutest things I've ever seen!!!  I was concerned at first because here in the South we are getting an early taste of winter.  Crazy right!

The temps dropped to the 40's the other night!  And for whatever reason Mama Pig was not going in the nice, warm barn we had prepared for her.  She preferred the cold, hard ground...not sure she's all there in my opinion, but whatever.  I half expected to see piglet popsicles when I went to check on them yesterday, but instead this is what I found:



Babies runnin' around everywhere!!!  I was so relieved.  I think Mama Pig is taking care of business just fine, whether I deem her a fit mother or not! hehe

My husband is always telling me that God knows best and He gave these animals knowledge to take care of their business, but I just can't help myself...I wanna help'em out!  It's the mama in me I guess.

But all 7 piglets seemed to be happy.  They were even roughhousing together, biting one another's ears.  It was so cute.


Oh and 5 of the 7 are girls!  Only 2 boys out of the whole litter!  So, hopefully they'll sell good.  We plan to keep 1 for breeding and 1 for eating.  As soon as Mama pig is through nursing we'll take her to slaughter.  Or at least that is the plan at this point.  Because today we got another pig...female, and guess what!  She's pregnant!!!!  We are gonna have piglets running outta our ears!  But I love every minute of it!

Blessings~




No comments:

Post a Comment