Monday, October 25, 2010

Snakes, snails,....and worm cupcakes???

Dawson's Birthday Party was suppose to be this past weekend, but due to me having strep and his daddy getting it as well, we had to cancel the party.  Dawson understood, and we'll make it up to him, no doubt!

But the party wasn't canceled until AFTER I had spent hours making 48 cupcakes!!!  Of course I allowed Dawson to decide what type of cake he wanted and he said cupcakes.  His reasoning, "They are easier to eat!". I like the way he thinks! haha

So, since he wanted cupcakes my dilemma was what kind?  What kind of cupcake do you make an 11 year old little boys who is ALL BOY?!  I began searching the Internet and came across a recipe for Worm & Dirt Cupcakes.  TOO COOL!  I showed Dawson the pictures and he was excited, actually his words were, "GROSS!!!  I want'em!"  And he got'em!!  (And lots of them since we canceled the party...so much for dieting:)  Boys just love gross!!!

I'll post the recipe I used at the end, but here is my finished product:



I think it's pretty cute...or gross!


The boys thought they were the coolest thing ever...and pretty tasty.

The recipe is as follows:
1 box of Devils Food Cake Mix
1 pack Oreo Cookies
1 Tub Chocolate Icing
1 pack Gummi Worms

Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box and bake.  Once cooled, put your icing on.  I then put the Oreos in a plastic baggy and used my rolling pin to crush them.  After you take out a little bit of aggression on the Oreos, roll the tops of the iced cupcakes in the crushed Oreos.  I put my crushed Oreos in a pie plate with sides to help keep the crumbs from falling everywhere.  Once I finished rolling them in Oreos I just placed a single Gummi Worm on each cupcake.  This recipe is enough for 24 cupcakes.  You can double it if need be.  1 pack of Oreos & Gummi Worms is enough to do 48 cupcakes, maybe more.  But you will need more cake mix and icing if you plan to make more.

I hope you enjoy making them as much as we did!!!

There is nothing better than making "gross" goodies with your boys.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. So you went with your original plan, how wonderful - they look yummy!! How many cupcakes are left? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shawntele=) I did go with the original plan but only because that is what the birthday boy wanted.

    And not many of them were left. I sent most of them to work with DH! LOL Had to get them out of my house!!! Too tempting=)

    ReplyDelete