Wednesday, June 13, 2012

*Update* Our journey through Learning Disability...


Well, it’s been some time now since I’ve done a post about our journey through Learning Disabilities.  Honestly, I just didn’t have any new information.  But yesterday was the day!  We had an evaluation with the SRF.  And as I suspected, my lil’ man tested W.E.L.L. below average.  And based on his results they do feel he is dyslexic.  They also feel that he may have High Functioning Asperger’s and possibly a visual processing disorder??  I’m not sure what that means really…time will tell.

Anyway, the eval yesterday was just the first step.  We have to see an Occupational Therapist as well as a Speech & Language Therapist.  I was able to find a place that offered both within the same office, which from what I understand is hard to find.  We got our appointment made, but before we go to the appointment next month he has to have a current eye exam as well as a physical from his regular doctor.  So needless to say we will be busy with doctor appointments for the next few weeks. 

I feel a sense of relief but also a little sad.  It’s nice to feel like you know what direction to go in, but at the same time I’m sad that he has to go through all of this.  But I’m optimistic that we will find a way to help him and that he WILL learn and will finally have some self-esteem!!!! 

In the meantime this mama is on a mission!! 

I’m going to share some links and some info that the O.T. gave me that maybe you will find helpful in your own journey.




{I have not personally looked at all of the above websites, so I cannot say whether or not they are helpful.}

Prayers are appreciated.  I will continue to update as we know more.  

Blessings,





4 comments:

  1. Keeping you all in prayers hun, as you travel this road. If you need anything, just holler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet friend...what a blessing to have such wonderful friends like you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for ya girlie!! BTW Miss my FB friend.. Sadly I just realized you were gone.. I dont scroll through posts too often and this morning it just popped into my head that hadnt seen anything from you lately.. Anyway guess Ill keep up with ya on here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI!!! I am so sorry that I just disappeared. Deleting FB was hard but I needed to do it for many reasons. I wanted to let everyone know but I knew that would only make it harder for me to do it :/

      Please let's keep in touch!! And thank you SO much for the prayers!!!

      Delete