Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beans, beans, and more beans!!!

We love gardening...for the most part.  It's hard work, but well worth it.  I don't think I have any pictures of our garden or I'd post some, but it's just your typical garden.  Nuttin' fancy.  We have carrots, squash, cucumbers, green beans, okra, and watermelons.  So far our cucumbers and green beans are going crazy!

This is what we picked Sunday morning:
 

2 1/2 -5 gallon buckets of green beans!  That was our first pick.  I think we have a busy summer ahead of us! LOL  No complaints here...

We usually can everything with a pressure cooker, but we weren't able to do that this year, so we have been vacuum sealing them.  So far it seems to be working fine, but I would still prefer them canned.  Hopefully we will be able to get some of them canned this year.

Here are my pickles I canned (without the canner;)


They taste W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L. by the way:)  The boys have already eaten a whole jar!!  Not sure they are going to last very long.  It's a good thing I picked another gallon of cucumbers this afternoon!

So, that is what has had me tied up the last week.  How bout you???  Are you gardening?  Do you can?  How do you preserve your veggies that you grow?

Also, we have started our journey into the Workbox System, so stay tuned for the post about it...hopefully later this week.

Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment