Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Who said dreams don't come true....

Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted a claw-foot tub.  My grandmother living in this little bitty cutie pie house.  And in that little bitty bathroom was a beautiful claw-foot tub.  I remember how much fun it was taking long baths.  I felt so grown-up.  I loved every minute of it!  From then on I knew I had to have one.  But when we started our bathroom reno I never would have thought we would be able to have one.  I had looked around online and new claw-foot tubs are extremely expensive.  So I had pretty much given up on the idea. The start plan was a walk in shower...all tile and beautiful fixtures.  I was happy with that idea, but my husband knew that I had wanted a claw-foot tub forever!!!

Then, out of the blue he says, "Why don't you see if you can find a used, antique tub?"  Ummm, DUH Maranda!!!  Why didn't you think of that???????  I mean I can' tell you how many times I've seen them for sale or being used as a watering trough for an animal....or a flower pot (I live in the South and we will plant flowers in ANYTHING, ok!)!  I could not believe I had not thought to buy one used???  I guess I thought they would cost too much used and then to have it refinished.

Thankfully he's a genius and thinks when I don't =)  My search began.  First I sent out an email to everyone on my email list, then posted a status about it on Facebook.  I started searching Craigslist and other bulletins.  It only took 3 days for me to find "My Antique Claw-foot Tub".  I had 2 friends email me and tell me they either had one or knew someone who did.  This tub came out of an old house that had been remodeled.  The older couple had rented the house out and the renters weren't kind to this tub...at all!  Once they had the renters out, they decided to move in it and take the tub out. Thankfully they didn't have the heart to get rid of it.  They stored it out in their shop.  There it sat....waiting for me =)


Isn't she beautiful =)  


Look at her feet!  How cool is that!


And you just don't see this much these days....Made In America!


Made on February 17, 1942.  Can you believe that =)  AWESOMENESS! 


Me, imagining what it's going to be like when it's finally in my bathroom!!

So, in 3 days I found my dream tub. And it only cost us $100!!!  I never would have thunk it! Would you??  Seriously, $100!!  So, there you go!  Stay tuned....hopefully we'll get the ball rolling along and have more to show you!

Blessings~


1 comment: