Thursday, August 19, 2010

Butter Finger Cake

I got this recipe from my pastor's wife FOREVER ago!  I have made it for every function under the sun; church functions, family gatherings, even birthdays!  EVERYONE loves it!  I mean, what's not to love.  So, I thought I'd share it with you.

*The complete recipe will follow below*

Ingredients:
1 box of german chocolate cake mix (also your eggs, water, and oil for the cake mix)
2 - 8 packs of fun sized butter fingers
1 regular sized tube of cool whip
1 can condensed milk













First you will need to crush both packs of the butter fingers.  Be sure to set a single butter finger aside to use later.  I had a little help with this.



















After your helper beats the daylights out of the butter fingers you can mix up the cake mix and add the crushed butter fingers.














Grease your pan really well and pour it up.  Follow the baking directions on the cake box.  I use roasting pans and they are pretty large.  I like to use the larger pans because it leaves plenty of room for the condensed milk and cool whip.














Once it comes out of the oven, go ahead and poke holes all in it with a fork and pour the condensed milk all over it.  Try to cover the whole cake.  There should be more than enough milk to cover.























Allow it to cool for awhile (20-30 minutes) and give the milk time to sink into all the little holes.














Now it's ready for the cool whip!!!!
























You are now ready for the other pack of crushed butter fingers...my favorite part!


















After you cover the cake in the crushed butter finger you can use the one butter finger you sat aside before as a garnish.  And you are done!  Hunny, it's so good it'll make you wanna slap yo mama! hehe













I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.  Be sure to refridgarate when you are done.  I will tell you, they sell really well at bake sales.  I sold them for $25.00 each at a bake sale I did for my aunt who was having a liver transplant.


Complete Recipe~
Butter Finger Cake


Ingredients:
1 box of german chocolate cake mix (also your eggs, water, and oil for the cake mix)
2 - 8 packs of fun sized butter fingers
1 regular sized tube of cool whip
1 can condensed milk

Mix cake as directed on box.
Crush both packs of butter fingers (leave one butter finger out to use as a garnish).
Add one pack of crush butter fingers to cake mix.
Pour in well greased, large pan.
Bake as directed on box.
As soon as it comes out of the oven, poke holes all in the cake and immediately pour the whole can of condensed milk all over the cake.
Allow to cool 20-30 minutes.
Once cool, cover the cake with cool whip.  
Sprinkle the cake with the other package of crushed butter fingers.
Place the butter finger you sat aside in the center as a garnish.  
Your done!!!

*Not that I think you are dumb and need step by step pictures, I'm just really visual!  So I thought that there may be others out there that will be grateful for the pictures.*

I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.  It really is a very tasty cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment